Sunday, June 30, 2013

What Foods Go on a Stick?


Fried Brownie On-a-Stick

At the Iowa State Fair (and as I understand it, the Minnesota State Fair), lots of them.  The Des Moines Register asks folks which new food at the Iowa State Fair were they most looking forward to.  The choices:

Shrimp Corndog
Smoothie On-a-Stick
Bacon-Wrapped Riblet On-a-Stick
Fried Brownie On-a-Stick
Soft Salted Chocolate-Dipped Almond Pretzel On-a-Stick
Coconut Mountain On-a-Stick

Right now, Bacon-Wrapped Riblet On-a-Stick is winning handily, while Soft Salted Chocolate-Dipped Almond Pretzel On-a-Stick, Shrimp Corndog and Fried Brownie On-a-Stick are in a tight race for second.  I'd go with the third, fourth and fifth items on my list, personally.

It's been years and years since I went to the Ohio State Fair, but I just don't remember food On-a-Stick being a big thing.  Did I just miss it, is it a recent trend, or is it a regional thing?  My guess is regional thing.  Any input?

No comments:

Post a Comment