Monday, March 18, 2013

The Iraq War, 10 Years Later

It is interesting reading about all the folks who thought the Iraq war was necessary and proper 10 years ago who have since changed their minds, but one thing I could say was that I didn't give a damn back then whether Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.  I thought it was idiotic to invade, but mainly I just argued with people I worked with, and told them it was a bad idea that likely wouldn't end well.  At a certain point, I just gave up on arguing and said that I sure hoped the people who thought it would be quick and easy were right.  Early on, it looked like maybe I was wrong, but as things heated up in the summer of 2004, I really got pissed off at how the Bush administration was letting things slide out of control.  By 2006, it was clear the administration was just trying to get through the 2006 midterms.  Anyway, I'm glad so many folks realize they were wrong, and I hope they keep that in mind while the Israelis and the Republicans (and possibly Obama) push for war with Iran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment