Tuesday, February 19, 2013

One of Those Days

Right now, I feel as if I am caught in a mashup video of Office Space and some sad country music video.  First, I noticed the glass window on the door of my wood stove door was loose, and after investigating, I realized I had to make a couple of sheet metal tabs to hold the window in place.  But I didn't have time to get this finished before it turned wicked ass cold, so, while I got everything back together, my house is an ice box.  Then, last night as I was feeding the livestock, my dog ran away.  I had noticed two days ago that he was missing his name tag, with my phone number on it.  I am sure he wandered off to another road and walked up to somebody's door, so they'd let him in, but now I don't really have any way of finding him until he turns up at the dog pound or somebody puts an ad in the paper.  Nothing like getting abandoned by man's best friend.  Then, today, I got to see the new office I'll be moving into in a few weeks.  It is a windowless, soulless hellhole, which, if it had a big black glass window along one side, I'd be sure it was a police interrogation room.  I won't even get into all the other screwed up epic fails which make up the rest of my recent work experience.  Then, finally, I went over to the other farm to feed the cows, and found out that not just one, but both hoses sitting outside had froze up, so I had to haul it inside to thaw out.  I am now nearly exhausted from yelling profanity.  But, tomorrow's another day.  Oh, that's right, I've got a parish council meeting tomorrow. Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment