Monday, February 4, 2013

Bock Is Back



I picked up some Christian Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock yesterday, so I'm sure spring is on the way.  The days are getting longer, the national groundhog predicted spring is coming, spring training and Lent start next week, and now the doppelbock is in stores.  At this time of year, even I get optimistic.  That is one powerful season.

One of my favorite stories from my old neighbor Woodie was about how he would help out a plumber in the winter to make some extra money during the downtime on the farm.  His boss did a lot of work for the Lange brewery in Piqua, but he tried to time it so that it mainly occured during the time the brewery was making bock beer.  They would just walk through the brewery with tin cups, and there were kegs tapped in almost every room.  Sounds like a pretty good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment