Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Anticipation of Biden

I'm not the only person looking forward to the most entertaining VP in history's appearance on "Parks and Recreation."  Based on her answer to a mailbag question, Katie Baker is stoked, too:

As you continue to amass a tremendous amount of life experiences, which of the following would help you work toward "jumping the shark"?
1. A dinner/interview with Joe Biden at House of Nanking in SF Chinatown?
2. Being in the locker room an hour after the Rangers win their next Cup being drowned in Champagne by Hank and Torts?
3. Skiing with Matt Lauer during a "where in the world is Matt Lauer" segment from the Swiss Alps?
4. Being in studio for the first show of the inevitable Mike and the Mad Dog reunion within the next year?
5. Being named Editor of the NYTimes Wedding section.
— Tony Z.
I feel like I'm back in middle school, with no idea whether I'm being savagely mocked or in on the joke. This is either the cruelest e-mail I've ever gotten, or the nicest. No. 1 would be the ultimate (so excited for this, though also irrationally jealous); (2) would be most likely to permanently compromise my professional integrity; (3) I'd rather sub in Phil Mushnick or Larry David, but yes; (4) sounds great in theory but in practice I'd be happiest listening to that mythical reunion while stuck in traffic on 95; and (5) seems to me more like a punishment. Imagine all the torturous phone calls from wronged society mothers you'd have to endure.
I'd add (6): sitting between Hillary Clinton and Martha Stewart in Knicks celebrity row during Game 7 of a Knicks-D'Antoni NBA Finals. No matter how the score ended up, the big winner would be me.
She also highlighted her friend's imaginary Diamond Joe Biden Spotify playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment