Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 11 Years Ago

Today's remembrances seem a little more muted than in the past.  As I've said before, I think that is a good thing.  For those of us who didn't lose anybody that day, it is past time to move on.  For those who did, my prayers are with you.  Now if we could remove the awful title of Patriots Day from the calendar for this day, and get rid of those tacky stars and stripes baseball caps they wear in the majors, and put away "God Bless America" from the seventh inning stretch in cities outside of New York City, I'd say we'd be well on our way back to normalcy.

2 comments:

  1. So how many years should we give it. 1, 2, 5 10? If you should really talk to those pesky Jews and tell them to quit complaining and remembering the holocaust. I mean really, how many years has it been and they are still talking about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 3000 and 6 million are pretty similar. How many people have died in car crashes in the past 11 years? Life goes on. I said last year, 10 years is enough for those of us who just watched the thing on TV.

    ReplyDelete