Friday, September 14, 2012

A Couple Quick Things

While the Libya deaths are tragic, and the people who committed the violence (and the people behind the video) are idiots, are these four deaths any worse than the six deaths at the Sikh temple outside Milwaukee?  Both involved hate-filled idiot killers and innocent victims.  Is there a difference in who did the killing and who did the dying?

On another subject, did Mitt Romney actually blame Obama for the 30 year long trend of income inequality, and say that Obama's policies make it worse?  I guess my take is that Romney personifies the causes of income inequality and the erosion of the middle class.

2 comments:

  1. Does Romney represent what is right with America or what is wrong with America? If you believe in government handouts for sitting on your ass then you probably hate Romeny. Love him or hate him he sought out and succeeded in the American dream of huge financial success and security. I say good for him. I don't fault him; I celebrate his success. If you want to blame the rich and successful for all the woes in the world I would suggest packing up your tractor and moving to France. You will fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that Romney pays a lower percentage of his income in taxes on $25 million than a person working for a living making $125,000 does tells me that something is fucked up about the system. I would guess that people in France and most people with a functioning brain in the United States would agree with that. I'm pretty sure that Mitt Romney is smart enough to realize that his line about Obama's policies causing the increase in income inequality is a giant bunch of shit.

    ReplyDelete