Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Drought Cure?

I mowed my third cutting hay on Sunday, because at the time, the forecast was calling for a 10% chance of rain on Monday and a 30% chance on Tuesday.  By the time I got done mowing, there was a 50% chance on Monday and a 60% chance on Tuesday.  After Sunday, we've gotten rain on four straight days.  Looks like I need more fields of hay to mow, to keep the drought at bay.  I was trying to get the hay baled up yesterday, in spite of the nine-tenths of an inch of rain on Tuesday, but I got caught out in the rain, and looked like a fool with 96 bales of already-too-green hay getting rained on.  Luckily, the money we'll make off of the beans will make up for the lost hay by twentyfold.  I still have 25 or so bales worth of hay getting rained on, but I'll get it cleaned up this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment