Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Caine's Arcade



Via the Dish:

Filmmaker Nirvan Mullick explains:
One day, by chance, I walked into Smart Parts Auto looking for a used door handle for my ’96 Corolla. What I found was an elaborate handmade cardboard arcade manned by a young boy who asked if I would like to play. I asked Caine how it worked and he told me that for $1 I could get two turns, or for $2 I could get a Fun Pass with 500 turns. I got the Fun Pass.....In the film, Mullick used Facebook and Reddit to plan a flashmob to surprise Caine at his arcade, in what would become "the best day of Caine’s life." The silver lining to this story is the scholarship fund Mullick set up for Caine’s college education, which has already raised more than $90,000. Mullick astutely notes, there’s no saying what this boy could accomplish with an engineering degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment