Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Kasich "Speaks"

Cincinnati Enquirer:
Gov. John Kasich announced a plan to boost to broadband network speeds, introduced a new award honoring courageous Ohioans and said shale drilling shouldn’t come at the expense of the environment in an annual State of the State speech mostly devoid of big initiatives.
Kasich spoke for nearly 90 minutes in a rambling, unfocused address in the auditorium of an elementary school in Steubenville, the first time the speech has been given outside of Columbus.
I caught a portion of the speech, and my first thought, after "what a jackass," was, "wow, if these are the public speaking skills you need to be governor, I can be governor."  The part I heard was just dumb.  He did tell parents to quit discouraging their kids from pursuing factory jobs, because those jobs need important skills like the ability to use computers.  Anyway, I'm still majorly unimpressed with the current governor of our state.

No comments:

Post a Comment